In past years I’ve done ‘Best Of ‘ posts leading to New Years Day, but when I contemplated doing them this year I realized this has been a pretty well rounded year for us. No one favorite song, toy, food, or anything this year. Perhaps 2011 was the year everyone expanded their horizons?
And so instead, I’m doing the Top 11 Photographs of 2011. 2011 was the year I figured out my camera and actually tried to get certain shots. It seems fitting to wrap up the year this way.
1. Caden in Disney World. She was so upset by the characters and was in the stroller trying to avoid them.
2. Caden again. I think this was one of the first pictures I took with my 50mm lens. I finally got the blurry background I’d been after! And this is perfect Caden. A little dirty, with a smile.
3. Technically, this photo isn’t the best. The background is distracting and Laney isn’t really in focus. But, I totally captured Laney. And! Her first black eye which was epic!
4. Sisters! Perfect evening sun, cute matching dresses, and happy girls.
5. This was from the rodeo we went to in July. Prior to this Caden liked horses, but was scared of them. This was when I knew she loved them. Love that she’s wearing her Twins hat here too!
6. We spent so much time in pools this summer and this perfectly captures how much fun the girls had.
7. Oh Caden. This shot has been featured several times, and is blown up big in their room. There is just something about this picture that makes me very happy.
8. I almost chose this picture to print out big for their room, but didn’t because you can’t see Delaney’s face. But, I love the composition. I love how her head is thrown back, her zebra skirt, and that you can just barely see her pirate eye patch.
9. I’m a sucker for Caden in this hat. The hot pink makes her blue eyes pop!
10. I love the way she’s looking up at someone, love the frosting everywhere, and love the unexpected holiday bokeh.
11. I wanted to end with one of the two of them, and I have been scrolling and scrolling through my pictures trying to find *the* one. This one needs some editing, but I think it captures their relationship well.
In 2012 I want take more pictures, and finally get better at editing pictures.