* Our weekend was boring, but also oddly … off? We ran errands to get ready for vacation, did two adoption events, and stayed home to watch the super bowl. We were all a bit cranky which made everything that much harder.
* Monday has really been no better. Possibly worse.
* Caden is in this mode where she rushes through everything because all she wants is to get to the next thing. It’s affecting her handwriting (atrocious), homework, and her piano practice. I’m trying to get her to slow down, but she has so much to do! I’m also trying not to rush her, since that probably contributes. Any suggestions are welcome.
* I was going to write a post about this, but I don’t think it’s worthy of it’s own post so … we watch a lot less tv in the new house. In the old house the tv was on all the time, mostly as background noise. I watched Castle while I cooked dinner, and HGTV all weekend. In the new house, not so much. I’m not someone who thinks the tv is the devil, but I am loving the peace and quiet and family together time! Not to mention I don’t have to deal with the awful shows on Nickelodeon anymore! It’s divine. Such an unexpected bonus!
* It’s going to be cold and windy this week and I am just not up for it. Embracing winter has really not worked out for me.