* Caden passed me her cold and wow, now I feel kind of bad that I didn’t keep her home for a day in there. She kept telling me she didn’t feel well and wanted to go to the doctor, but she’s said that every day since her surgery so I never know if she actually doesn’t feel well, or if she just wants to have a fun day with Mama again. But, when she told me her ear hurt I took her at her word and yes, she had a double ear infection. I briefly thought about both of us toughing these colds out, but we were both so miserable that I just couldn’t do it. The antibiotics worked quickly for her, hopefully they will work quickly for me as well.
* No gymnastics this week because of MEA. I have never been so happy to have a week off! I’m not sure I could have made it through class.
* Thursday morning on the way to downtown Caden said “Look Mama look!” (A jet had just gone overhead so you could see the tail …?) It sounded so different from when she normally talks, but I couldn’t put my finger on why. After I dropped them off I realized it was because she had very clearly pronounced her L’s. They can say them if they’re in the middle of a word, but if they’re at the beginning they become more of a y sound. Go Caden!
* Caden is a very regular pooper. Every night during dinner she gets up to poop. Last night she pooped three times! What is that kid eating? She doesn’t mess around either. She sits down, does her business, and then gets up and cheers for herself. “Yay Caden! Yay!” And then Laney high fives her.
* Delaney found a DVD of home videos from when they were first born so we watched it. Every time someone came on the screen they would say “Who’s that?” Luckily I knew every time! Thank goodness for Laney’s chubby cheeks. That kid had one round head when she was little!
* Every night when we leave daycare Delaney goes around and says goodbye to all of her teachers. It’s very cute. Her favorite teacher is Danielle and she’s usually the last she says goodbye too. It’s extra cute because she pronounces her name Danny-elle. It’s Danielle’s last day today so we made her cards last night. The girls are so excited to give them to her when she gets to their classroom this afternoon.